The Best Apple Crisp
By: Cristen www.foodandswine.com (I like to do half pear half apple... my fave!)
- 8 cups of peeled cored and sliced apples or pears. I like half apples, half pears. Or if only apples: Use different varieties of apples to wake up the flavors.
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 3/4 c sugar some people use more, and I would if your apples are TART! then use one cup or a bit more.
- 1/3 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon use more if you love cinnamon, I just LIKE it
- Pinch of salt
- Combine in a large mixing bowl stir until evenly mixed. Set aside and make topping.
- In a large bowl combine until crumbly and set aside:
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 3/4 C instant oats or regular rolled oats
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- pinch of salt
Pour combined filling into greased 9x13 inch pan, sprinkle crumble topping over evenly, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 70 minutes. (Or when juices around edges around edges of crisp are slowly bubbling.)