Best Dang Mashed Potatoes
by: Cristen www.foodandswine.com
- One 5 pound bag of potatoes of choice peeled, chopped into 2" cubes
- One 8 oz. container of AE Chive Sour Cream Dip
- One stick of butter
- 1 cup of AE Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2-1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives if you have them, if not, omit or use chopped green onion tops
Boil potato pieces for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain into large mixing bowl. Discard water (or use for bread baking). Mash potatoes with potato masher or hand mixer until somewhat smooth. You could also use a potato ricer for ultimate smoothness. Once smooth, add sour cream dip, butter, milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix only until combined. Fold in chives. Serve immediately.
As a side, this recipe will serve 8-10 people.