Billionaire Spaghetti Casserole
Makes: 2 large 9×13 casseroles or 4- 8×8 inch casseroles
*Halve the recipe to make one 9×13 casserole
- 3 lbs ground pork or ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced dehydrated onion
- 2 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt or other seasoned salt
- 64 ounces marinara sauce (2, 32-ounce containers)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 lb packages fettuccini noodles cooked to al dente (2 minutes less than box says) drained
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup flavored sour cream I used Chive this time
- 2 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 cups shredded cheese, divided
- *optional: fresh herbs of choice for garnish (chives, parsley etc.)
In two 9×13 pans, sprayed with nonstick spray or greased with butter. Add 1/4 of the noodles in each pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup remaining parmesan cheese onto each pan of noodles. Add half of creamy layer mixture to each pan, spread out evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese onto creamy mixture in each pan. Add another 1/4th of the noodle mixture to each pan. Sprinkle each with 1/4 parmesan cheese again, add 1/2 of the meat sauce to the top of each pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake casserole for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese evenly over each of the two pans. Return to oven to bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, let stand 15 minutes before serving.
To Freeze For later
Press a layer of plastic wrap onto the meat sauce of the casserole. (Don’t add cheese to the casserole, simply keep it in the fridge or freezer for later use.) Double wrap casserole with tin foil. When ready to bake, thaw in refrigerator overnight, then bake for 40 minutes at 350, then sprinkle cheese and continue to bake 25 minutes more until cheese is melted.