Worcestershire gives this recipe a classic flavor, so be sure to have it on hand before you start cooking! My quick recipe doesn’t involve a slow cooker (or call for soy sauce) but certainly may be held warm in one! Instructions for that will be in the notes under the recipe below.
Tomorrow I’ll be baking a very important cake, for a very important boy that I’d love to share it with but can’t. How does that song go? “If heaven wasn’t so far away… I’d pack up the kids and go for a day…” My nephew still holds a very prominent place in my memory, heart and spirit and I think of him so very often. This year, the kids will be decorating the cake and my daughter has chosen the exact cake/frosting combination, stop back by tomorrow or Friday and I will have the recipe here for you.
The cake will be complete if the sprinkles that my friend Brandi gave me don’t get eaten before we decorate. (I found my son hiding and eating them (lots of them) today as I was deep cleaning my neglected house. Hiding. Eating. Sprinkles. Let that sink in.)
He also got to see the chicks at my daughter’s school. Let me tell you, he was not impressed. Look at that hairy eyeball. Looks just like his Grandpa. As he leeeeeeeeeans back as far as possible to avoid the nearness of this sweet little chick.
Quick Beef Burgers
- 2 lbs ground beef 85/15 or lean (make sure it is thawed)
- 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/3 cup dehydrated chopped onion
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cube chicken boullion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 King's Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, add ground beef, seasoned salt, onion, Worcestershire and pepper. Cook until beef is broken up, browned and no longer pink. (Stir frequently.) Add boullion and broth. Stir together. Cook for 2 minutes more until juices are a bit thickened. Serve on hamburger buns.